Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Football, Boys and me by Duvy


I lay spread on the sofa and struggled hard to pay keen interest to the TV Screen.{You see I had recently concluded one of those books about "rules and tips on how to keep your man"}. One of the suggestions was knowledge of football.
It was the match between Nigeria and Argentina.
My FiancĂ©’s friends were seated around the sitting room feasting on spiced meat and helping themselves to some cans of beer.
At every gasp they let out, I would ask a question hoping to make an impression on the boys as to how much I knew about football. It was of course no success.
Comments "like shoot now," "which kain yakubu be dis?" "Oooh, na off side again? "kai, dis messi sef!" were directed at the TV Screen. While comments like, "is there more beer dear?" "Can we have some more meat?" were directed at me.
I sometimes admire girls like Tega (that presents sports programs) who have an eye for Football and I think to myself: Is there some genetic makeup which I lack? Or do they spend time on the internet googling all they need to know about football? and If so, where on earth do I start from?
I suppose boys and girls are differently wired, even the ad of Heineken says it all.


My lesson: Trying to feel among may land you in trouble, Carve a niche for yourself and lead a class of your own.
Action point: Read more on football..... lol




F-Factor Magazine can be gotten from the following places
1. the Hub , The Palms shopping mall, Lekki- Lagos
2. Silver Bird life style store, Silver Bird Galleria, V/Island
3. Pharm Affairs, Ojota/ Ogudu road, Ogudu
4. All Finicky eatery centers.
5. White wood pharmacy, 22rd Festac Town, Lagos
6. Domino supermarket, Ozone cinema, E Center, commercial avenue, Yaba, Lagos.
7. De cafe, beside yem yem super market, Unilag shopping complex, Lagos
8. Students in Unilag Campus U.I campus and Unaab Campus.
9. Janio Books, Fabricare Plaza,G close, 22 road, opposite texaco petrol station festac town, Lagos
10. Adorn Pharmacy, between B close and C close, 22rd Festac Town, Lagos.

No comments:

Post a Comment